CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yes, I get good marks. No, I don't like to bore myself with philosophical books.

Today in my Law class, I wasn't in any mood to listen to the teacher ramble on and on about the role of Parliament and judges, so I took out my book and started reading. At the end of class, the teacher comes behind me and sees my book and asks what I'm reading. I flip the book over and he reads the title, The Hopeless Romantic's Handbook, then tells me that he lost every previous notion he had about me (I get good marks, so he always thought I was smart).

I really don't get why people assume that just because they think I'm smart based on my good marks at school, I should be reading some deep, philosophical book that tells me about the nature of life. Is it so bad to be reading a meaningless, very funny and entertaining chick lit novel?
Which kind of leads to a question that popped in my head when I left that class: does what you read reflect who you are?

0 comments:

Post a Comment