CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Creativity's little vacation

I was looking at the movie listings earlier this week and noticed how pretty much every movie out in theaters right now is based on something - real life, short story, novel, fairytale. And because I've got nothing better to do, I started Googling and saw how most of last year's movies were based on some type of story. There's The Adjustment Bureau, Red Riding Hood, Water for Elephants, I Am Number Four, Soul Surfer, The Lincoln Lawyer, The Rite...the list goes on and on and on.

I guess creativity has taken a little vacation when it comes to movies. Kind of sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous

I actually read an interesting article about this trend in Hollywood recently. You should check it out!
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201102/the-day-the-movies-died-mark-harris?currentPage=all

Anne

Haha, I laughed throughout most of that article. But I guess being scared of making a bad movie makes some sense, even though it's plain stupid.

Post a Comment