CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Senioritis: A Crippling Disease

 Yes, Senioritis is an actual disease. Based on Urban Dictionary, it's "a crippling disease that strikes high school seniors...The only known cure is a phenomenon known as Graduation." It also strikes college seniors, but it's most common among high schoolers.

Here's a bit of a better definition:
"Most cases of senioritis tend to start after college applications and mid-year reports have been sent in. This entails a student not doing any work whatsoever, skipping class a lot, getting stoned/drunk for the first time ever, being apathetic about everything, and resenting taking all those hard classes to impress your favorite college which you won't get in most likely because it's too expensive...The student usually doesn't do his college essay until the last week before the college applications are due. However, the student feels very smug because he got away with it" (Urban Dictionary).

True, true, true and even truer!

And just because you've been an overachiever, straight-A student all your life, don't think that you'll get past Senioritis. Like my friend said, it grabs you by the throat and before you know it, you're asking yourself if you really need to hand in that assignment that's worth 10% of your final mark -_-

I remember laughing four years ago at those seniors who lost their scholarships because they decided to slack off at the end of the year. But I now find myself doing the same thing: today, I've got a movie review to do (that was due some time last week yet I still haven't started), textbook chapters to read and answer questions for (assigned today, due tomorrow and probably won't get done until the end of the week, if ever), and an essay to do (assigned over a week ago, due tomorrow but I don't have more than two lines written).

I doubt any of my teachers will take me seriously if I tell them that I didn't do the work because I suffer from Senioritis O.O

0 comments:

Post a Comment