CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oh, Canada.

For those of you who don't know, July 1st is a huge deal in Canada: it's Canada Day! :D



I've been to a few July 4th celebrations in the states and as much as I do like it there, there's nothing like Canada Day, especially in the nation's capital.



It's amazing. Streets are closed for the entire day and everyone comes downtown to celebrate Canada (I do mean everyone.) People are dressed in red and white, have the maple leaf symbol painted on their faces, there were even a few people in red and white morphsuits, the Canadian flag is everywhere and the feeling is amazing. It's even crazier on the buses; people will randomly start sing-alongs about being proud Canadians, and the buses are beyond packed (we had to literally push people off at the end of the night).



There's music blasting everywhere, entertainment at almost every street corner and yesterday, Kate and William even came downtown! Unfortunately, I missed them by a few minutes. I was watching this escaping act (it was so bad -_-) and by the time I left to go see what this gathering crowd was taking pictures of, I saw the royal car turn the corner. Sad moment :(
This is a picture of the escaping act I was watching instead; it was pretty bad, because the guy kept building it up and then at the end we realized that anyone could have gotten out of the chains and the jacket:

And of course, the fireworks at the end of the night were great. The only unpleasant part was that pretty much everyone was smoking weed around me, so I was suffocating.
And after the fireworks, there were these dancers dancing behind windows in a building.

Anyway, happy belated Canada Day to my Canadian followers, and happy Fourth of July to my American ones! (And for the others...well, I'm not really sure xD)

0 comments:

Post a Comment