CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stop Trying To Hit On Me

I noticed I haven't posted anything writing-related in a while :O Here's an excerpt from TS. This happens in Aidan's car after Aeryn guilt-trips him into giving her a ride somewhere.


With my hand in mid-air, I stopped and turned to give him a blank look. A small smile was at the corner of his lips as he looked back at me. “Aidan, you trying to hit on me messes up the whole order of the universe. Plus, I have enough nightmares as it is.”

He frowned, looking offended. “Trying? I wasn’t trying to hit on you.”

I turned back to the mirror and began applying the mascara again. “Of course not.”

He grinned. “Trying implies failure. I was hitting on you. Want me to do it again?”

I rolled my eyes. “No.”

“You have beautiful eyes, Taylor,” he said as he made a right.

“Aidan, shut up.”

“They’re almost as beautiful as your hair –”

“Uh-huh.”

“ – and as hot as your lips.”

I groaned and as we slowly neared a stop sign, I chose this moment to quickly finish applying my mascara. I closed the tube and turned to look at Aidan. He sneaked a glance at me, his blue eyes looking as amused as ever. “Stop trying to hit on me,” I said. “I'm not stupid enough to fall for it.”

He grinned. “Worked in high school.”

“Yeah, well I’d lost part of my brain back then.”

“Found it yet?”

“Uh-huh. Long time ago. And it’s not going anywhere for a while.”

“That’s too bad.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment