CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

I do!

Let's talk weddings :D Not only because of the royal wedding that was broadcasted on every single channel the other day, but because I just came from a wedding and let's just say the experience was...mh, interesting.
This was my first wedding (I watched the video of a wedding months ago but that really doesn't count) and it was definitely something. The bride's side of the family is Catholic and I think Moroccan (not sure. Could be Arabic.), while the groom's side of the family is Baptist and most of them are Haitian. About three quarters of the wedding was in Arabic (or some other foreign language) while the other quarter consisted of chanting. I was so completely lost, and I wasn't the only one. On the groom's side of the church, everyone looked so confused and lost. No one was sure what to say (we ended up saying the end of every chant the priest was saying), whether to stand or sit (we ended up standing for about an hour) or what to make of things. At one point, the couple ran around the priest with crowns on their heads and that's when everyone started looking around with confused looks.

And my feet were killing me by the end of the wedding. The only comforting thing was that I knew it was going to happen. I bought these 8-inch heels last week and although the heel was strong and more or less comfortable, after an hour of standing I just couldn't feel my ankles or feet.

But this experience was very useful. Originally, I'd wanted to make STA's epilogue the actual wedding instead of the ten minutes before the wedding, but since I didn't know what it was like to go to a wedding, I settled on the latter. Now I can have the ending I'd wanted from the start, which has me all excited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment